Monday, August 7, 2017

The Moves

Today I had a good day at work. I'd say that today ranks in the top 50 of the approximate 59, 160 days of my employment.  Maybe in the top 25. Exceptional things happened but exceptional things often happen. I was awesome at my job but that (breathes on apple and rubs it on her shoulder) that is par for the course. We had a celebration that turned out a whole lot better than we even hoped for but we often have celebrations. Our power point presentation training was epic and I have been working on it like mad for weeks but that has happened other years too. The  head honcho complimented me but he's done that before. I can't really say why today was awesome.  I only know it was. Was it the baseball sized zucchini I got from a coworker? No although it is delicious! Was it the people? Yes, the answer lies in the people. Today I connected with people in sincere and sometimes humorous ways. I listened. I talked. I finagled. I swerved. I laughed.  I appreciated. I handled. I felt good (off the plateau of healing from surgery at last)! I used my talents.  I felt like I made a difference in the lives of other people. I felt my relationships grow stronger. I joke about retiring. I am grateful for my job every other Friday when I get paid but I don't calculate my gratitude routinely.  I will retire. If it happens in 2020, 2021 or 2022 it doesn't matter because today, on this day, I love my job. The icing on the cake is traffic on Highway 10 was exceptionally light.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...