Thursday, August 3, 2017

Mid Summer

Make your plans now because the exact middle of summer is coming up this Sunday.  I plan to celebrate and as I go to sleep tonight I will think of ways to do that. Turns out mid summer varies every year.  In 2017 it will on August 6 (Sunday) at approximately 8 p.m. Next year it will be August 7. Summer is my favorite season. I love the foods of summer. I love the strawberries (although lately they have not been loving me back), the tomatoes, the summer squash and the wild blueberries). I love the very wide variety of summer birds. I love being able to go outside without dressing in ways to protect my life and limbs. I love wearing shorts and short sleeves. I love having strange tan lines on my feet (the only part of my body that I allow to soak up any Vitamin D). I love having the windows open. I love the lace curtains in my kitchen when they blow in the wind. I love hearing the sounds of the night. I have to admit I am glad the house wren has gone quiet. The cardinals sing such a lovely tune at 5 a.m. I love enjoying an ice cold drink. I love sitting on my deck sipping coffee and catching up with Offspring #2's antics on snapchat. I love moving around without extra equipment like boots, scarves, mittens, hats, and coats. I feel thinner in the summer without all that equipment on. Today it is 54 degrees and windy. Don't judge me but I love wearing my slippers and sweatshirt WITH my shorts. I had a guy over at 4 o'clock. Don't jump to conclusions. He fixes foggy windowpanes.  I offered him some tea that I made in an actual teapot for the first time. I got this teapot as a wedding gift.  After 37 years of owning this teapot (half married/half single) I find that I like tea from an actual teapot. I found it in an offspring's bedroom.  I know at least one of the matching cups is in Sicily. Kids!  I love them. Chamomile tea is delicious in the summer time. I drank one pot hot and made another to drink tomorrow over ice when it will, possibly, be 40 degrees warmer than today. Happy summer everyone! Remember to celebrate!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...