Sunday, January 26, 2020

The Testaments

Thirty years ago I read and loved Margaret Atwood's book, The Handmaid's Tale. Last year my neighbors lent me a dvd of the Netflix series based on the book. The Handmaid's Tale is a difficult book to read because it is so dark and oppressive. The Netflix series was worse and almost more than I could bear. Now I just finished reading The Testaments, the 15 years later sequel to The Handmaid's Tale. This book brought back some of the same characters including the evil Aunt Lydia. This book is more hopeful. I'm glad I read this book but now I think it is time for me to read something lighter and heart warming for a change.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...