Monday, January 6, 2020

The Widow

I listened to Fiona Barton's first novel, The Widow while driving in my car. Four actors read the parts of the widow, the mother, the detective and briefly the husband. The story is about the widow, Jean Barton. Jean is a passive young girl dominated by her husband Glen. When Glen is accused of child abduction she stand by his side convinced he is innocent. Although Jean seems to be under Glen's spell for quite some time eventually she comes out from under his control. The novel goes back and forth in time. Jean lets big secrets fall out sporadically that made my eyes widen in surprise as I listened to the story. Crime novels are usually not my favorite but this one was good.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...