Saturday, January 28, 2012

Don't Mess With Rutabega

This past year I've been experimenting with vegetable soups.  I've tried butternut squash soup, acorn squash soup, carrot soup, and some other kind of squash soup.  All these soups are broth based, pureed, spicy, low in calorie and they taste very good.  Until this last batch of acorn squash soup.  In this trial, I added pieces of a left over rutabega that I wanted to use up.  I used only about a half a cup of rutabega but that was enough to turn the main flavor from squash to rutabega.  Yeah, not so good.  Edible but not so good.  Some people think rutabegas are underappreciated.  I don't agree.

No comments:

The Girl With No Name

  Marina Chapman, with the assistance of ghostwriter Lynne Barrett-Lee, is the author of The Girl With No Name; The Incredible True Story Of...