Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Not So Easy


This necklace is similar to one I admired in a catalog in November. 
I saw it, wanted it, and decided I didn't need it. 
Offspring #1 bought it for me for my birthday?  How did he know? 
I love it.

Last year I wrote a goal about listing the birds I saw for 2011: "I don't expect to see over 200 in Minnesota and maybe another fifty in the Galapagos Islands.  If I get to 250 by December, 2011, I will be very pleased." 

My total of birds seen by December, 2011 was 168.  And 168 was a lot of work and involved trips to New Mexico and the Galapagos Islands.  This year I am not aiming for a number but to continue to list the birds and appreciate the ones I am able to see.   My other goal is to live my life as if it could end soon.  I have lost some people near and dear to me this year.  No one knows what the future holds.  No more procrastinating on the good times for me.

No comments:

The Girl With No Name

  Marina Chapman, with the assistance of ghostwriter Lynne Barrett-Lee, is the author of The Girl With No Name; The Incredible True Story Of...