Monday, January 30, 2012

Smug But Not Over Confident

I broke my long (can it really be four years?) loosing streak in Scrabble to a certain un-named opponent. I beat her.  (sing-song) I won a game.  I won a game.  By six points.  I was lucky with the letters.  I had to be lucky with the letters in other games over the past four years and I still lost.  But not this time.  I won.  It feels good.  Please tell me why she puts "za" into every game?  As if za is really a word.  Plus it makes me hungry for pizza and I don't even like pizza all that much.

2 comments:

Cajo said...

It hasn't been 4 years. Maybe 2 or 3.

Sue said...

Really? Maybe it just felt longer. I am more competitive than I think I am sometimes.

The Girl With No Name

  Marina Chapman, with the assistance of ghostwriter Lynne Barrett-Lee, is the author of The Girl With No Name; The Incredible True Story Of...