Saturday, October 10, 2009

Snow?

There was snow on the ground this morning. What a surprise to wake up and see snow out the window. Somehow the sight of the grass covered with white snow made me feel cozy and content. The trees, many with mostly green leaves, were covered with snow as well. Yesterday I planted 3 1/2 cloves of garlic, 12 pink tulips, and 12 yellow tulips. I sprinkled the tulips where I thought they would please me in the spring. I put some by the mailbox, a couple by my boulder, a few in my front garden, and more in the backyard. Now with the snow covering up the fresh bulbs they can settle into the soil and makes themselves comfortable. My black walnut tree threw down all her leaves on Friday and Saturday leaving herself completely bare except for a couple dozen walnuts still hanging on. She undressed herself as quickly as I do after a long day at work in pants that are too tight. I can't even see my sidewalk at all. I'd like to gather up her leaves and put them in the compost so they don't get dragged into the house but the walnut leaves have a little toxin in them. I might just rake them to the side and leave them to decompose outside of the compost bin. Update on Meredith - she still has not come home. I've had no phone calls and heard of no sightings of her since Wednesday.

2 comments:

Dianne said...

I've haeard you are supposed to plant tulip bulbs in clusters and not in a row. Just and FYI

Sue said...

I didn't put them in a row - I put them in groups of 3 or 5

the garlic I put in a row so I could find it all again.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...