Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Favorite


I'm glad it is election day.  I am tired of the political ads in the mailbox, the messages on my answering machine, and the commercials on television.  The television ads are the worst with each party accusing each other of lying.  It's as bad as going to a dinner party where the host couple is on the verge of divorce.  But there is one commercial I do like.  The commercial has a baby in a baby walker who travels down a road, down a farm lane, through a field with some sheep, and across the country at top speed.  That speeding baby in a walker is having so much fun that I want to be that baby.  Melanie Safka sings the catchy song that runs through my head during the day - "I've Got A Brand New Pair of Rollerskates; You Have a Brand New Key."  I don't care about the sexual innuendo.  I just want to be the traveling baby and listen to the cute song.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...