Saturday, September 13, 2014

Am I A Creeper Because I Keep Binoculars In My Car?

We were driving around Minneapolis the other day.  As we drove around Lake Calhoun I caught sight of a wind surfer speeding across the white capped waves.  I was fascinated.  I pulled over to a parking spot along the lake and grabbed the binoculars I keep under my car seat.  "Mom!  Don't be a creeper," says offspring #2.  Am I a creeper for having binoculars in the car?  In that case, all twitchers (bird watchers) are creepers.  And I guess I can see why someone would think that. Seeing a person seated in a car looking through binoculars would draw suspicion.  Someone might think I was a private detective. I focused my binoculars on the wind surfers.  There were three wind surfers.  One had a red sail and was the fastest.  As he turned direction, he gingerly stepped around the sail and moved to the other side.  That turned his craft from west to east and he went zooming so fast over the waves he cut through the water like the prow of a motor boat.  The blue sailed surfer wasn't as fast and he had to get off the craft to turn direction.  The yellow sailed surfer had a smaller body and was either a female or a child.  The yellow surfer was the slowest.  All 3 surfers wore black wet suits.  I enjoyed watching their adventure with my binoculars.  I think if you're going to go wind surfing on a lake in the middle of Minneapolis you must expect some people would observe you. The next day I saw the Star Tribune was there and had taken a photo of one of the wind surfers and posted it in the paper.  So who is the creeper now?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...