Tuesday, September 23, 2014

The Other Story

Tatiana De Rosnay wrote Sarah's Key.  I liked that book very much and that is why I picked up The Other Story.  If I had read this book first I don't think I would have read Sarah's Key because it just wasn't as compelling.  In this story the main character is a 20 something French man who can't put down his blackberry and can't stop checking his Facebook page to see how many likes he got on his last photo. He's not very likeable.  He's had a huge success with his first novel and everything is been downhill since then.  The story takes place over a long weekend at a posh resort on a Tuscan island in Italy.  In the end this character does something that makes us like him more.  And although this story is readable, it is no where near the quality of writing I read in Sarah's Key.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...