Sunday, September 7, 2014

Munsinger Gardens

A friend and I wanted to see Munsinger Gardens.  "I know the way," I said, "Follow me."

We traveled up the west side of the Mississippi through Champlin, Dayton, Otsego, Monticello, Clear Lake, Saint Augustine to St. Cloud.

We stopped at Panera for lunch and went to the gardens which were beautiful and relaxing.

Another friend joined us and the three of us admired the flowers.

The colors and shapes are intriguing.

A cheeky chipmunk was chowing down on these tall pink flowers.  We ate one too.  They tasted sweet.

After visiting the gardens we headed home.  Our plan was to follow the east side of the Mississippi while riding only a couple of blocks on Highway 10.  "Follow me," I said, "I know the way."

My plan worked well until we got to Becker.  Becker is where things started to go wrong.

I thought we'd hit county road 11 and angle back toward the river.  But County road 11 never came.  Instead I saw a sign that said Benton County.

I wasn't planning to go into Benton County.  These roads are so long and how come there are no signs pointing to towns?

We saw a sign that said Highway 95.  That couldn't be the same 95 that goes through Princeton and Cambridge, could it?  I didn't think so but I was wrong.

Very wrong.  I knew I made a huge mistake when I saw a sign that said Mille Lacs couonty.

Which way is south?  I think we went way too far east.

We planned to take a right on the next major road.

The next major road turned out to be Highway 169.  Where were we?

We were just north of Long Siding (where ever that is.)

So we turned south on 169.  Who likes going 65 mph on a bike?

Not us.  We got off in Princeton - that same 95 we ignored earlier.  We took that to Hwy. 47 and headed south.

A really great trip on a bike involves getting lost and finding our way again.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...