Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Chief Of Police And The Chicken

Sometimes articles in the newspaper are funny without even trying.  I read this article today in the Minneapolis paper and laughed out loud.  Then I tried to stifle my laughter because I was at work.  One coworker was reading the Bible and another was reading the sports page.  Both of them stopped their reading to look at me.  I apologized and said I was reading about crime.  Read this for yourself and see if you don't laugh out loud too: 

 http://www.startribune.com/politics/national/273696571.html
The newspaper article was longer than the online version.  In the newspaper the police chief described how the chicken was running free in the yard when he arrived.  He chased the chicken around the yard but was unable to catch it.  The chicken started to run toward the park where children were playing.  That is when he reached for the shovel.

Chicken death is nothing to joke about but this is funny.  Anyone who has ever tried to catch a chicken on the loose would think this was funny.

On top of that the police chief didn't realize he had beheaded the chicken.  He carried the body away and didn't realize the head was missing?  Makes you wonder how much damage he did to the chicken with the shovel.

Just another case of "truth is stranger than fiction."

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...