Saturday, January 7, 2017

Grateful!

Yes, I have been complaining about the weather this week. I wake up in the morning and wonder WHY I have to get up and leave my bed this morning. I had Monday off but yet I complain. Why? My fingers hurt. They hurt despite the face I am wearing fashionable yellow gloves that match my sunglasses (as IF I need those coming or going to work this week!) that match my car that match my yellow house. My fingers hurt so bad I'm thankful I transferred from Diet Pepsi to coffee because coffee in a mug relieves the pain in my fingers from left hand to the right hand depending on which hand is holding the cup.  The fact of the matter is I had great moments at work.  That moment when a client said, "(first name, last name is back to work)" and I think to myself, "I should pay to work here!" That moment, when a coworker explains to me his 2017 vacation plans that include 3 weeks in Israel where he will, with his wife, pick grapes for 4 days a week for 3 weeks rest one day, and tour the local sites for 2 days and I am jealous of his plans.  That day when I make a connections with someone with developmental disabilities and make her smile.  That moment, in an hour discussion of trying to solve a problem, in a discussion 4 other men who are open to new ideas, who accept me as part of the solution, laugh at my idea yet accept it at the same time, I think to myself, "See! You could have retired early but you're still having fun!"  Awwww, cripes, life is good!  My legs are less attractive with long-johns on but life is good!

1 comment:

Dianne said...

It's in the mid 70's here today and it feels wonderful. I don't think I'd be able to handle the brutal MN winters anymore. We have been kicking around becoming permanent residents but I don't think I could handle the Arizona summers of temps up to 125*. We do get a taste of snow and cold when we come back to MN in April but by then it's not the really frigid cold temps. I just like the fact of knowing how much warmer it is here than there! LOL
Stay warm and continue having fun at work. Every day I'm very grateful not to be there any longer but I do miss the clients and some of the staff.

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...