Thursday, January 12, 2017

Two Month Anniversary

This morning the alarm goes off at six in the morning. I want to hit snooze but I know I can't because it took more than an hour to get to work on Monday and the commute does not look good for Tuesday. I leave thirty minutes early. I go to work.  I'm only five minutes late. At noon I eat a light lunch and go for a four story walk because it's good for me and because someone with Autism is hoping I'll come by and take him along.  I pick him up and, at the second floor, I give him the choice of doing 4 stories or 2.  Dang it! He chooses 4. "You are a good influence on me, " I huff and puff on the way to the fourth floor. Both of us feel better walking down.  After work I go the gym and lift weights and walk ten minutes on the tread mill.  On the long commute home I'm glad I spent $75 to have the driveway plowed.  I come home. I shovel the side walk. I go to refill my medication set of 7 days and realize that today is January 11th!  Today is my 2 month anniversary.  I refill my plastic sections with vitamins, calcium, iron pills and fish oil and realize that I feel so much better than I did 2 months ago when I had my hip replaced with a titanium replacement! Walking is so easy now. The hip no longer locks up. Every day I feel less pain and discomfort.  Every day I am a little bit more limber.  Every day I can reach a little bit lower.  When I get in and out of my little yellow car I am close to looking normal in the process.  I look forward to the day I can reach low enough to tie my shoes and I know it is in  my near future.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...