Monday, January 23, 2017

Toenails and Fingernails!

I sit at home knitting a baby blanket for my second grandchild. I had an elaborate plan.  I downloaded the directions to a knitting pattern they claimed was simple.  But once I got the first row on and realized I would have to count to 17 for the next four months I ditched that pattern and went with "Knit five, pearl to all but five left and knit five"  For some reason I can pearl much faster than I can knit.  I sit and I knit trying to get a few rows in every day.  As I knit the blanket grows ever so slowly while I think about my daughter-in-law.  What she is doing is so amazing compared to my knitting.  While not only growing her ten fingernails and toenails she is growing another set of fingernails and toenails!  That makes 20 toenails and 20 fingernails!  Then I think of my sister who had twins.  She grew 30 fingernails and toenails!  Women are miraculous.  Then I think back. Back, way back, to the 1980's when Ronald Reagan was president and Nancy was saying, "Say no to drugs." (What would she think of the gummy bears you can buy in Colorado)?  In any case, twice, I too was growing 20 fingernails and 20 toenails.  Wasn't that just as miraculous as what my daughter-in-law is doing now?  My logical answer is yes but at the time, I was too busy to appreciate the miracle happening within me.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...