Monday, January 16, 2017

So Lucky

I am extremely lucky to have the neighbors that I do.  Hearts of gold.  Salt of the earth (which means a nice person even though applying salt to the earth means nothing will grow - never understood that).  These nice neighbors brought me a foreign movie for my three day weekend.  (By the way, if you want a feel good movie rent "Hunt for the Wilderpeople," a foreign film set in New Zealand).  They also brought me my annual holiday card that came with a packet of milkweed seeds.  The card says "Life is beautiful and fleeting.  So you butterfly."  Isn't that awesome?  A gift for me that also helps the environment? Also with that  on what appears to be a handmade piece of paper is a cryptic message that I can't understand (yet).  For these neighbors, I am used to holiday messages that take some time to decipher.  I get one every year.  I look forward to not understanding it right away. One of these two neighbors is retired and has a lot of time to plan their holiday message.  On, and by the way, they are solid Democrats (solid as in party activists and I love them).  On their return address label was an image of a cheese grater and the message, "It will be grate."  So this is my clue the message is about MAGA (make America great again) and Donald Trump.  In case you can't read it, the message says (and keep in mind these are highly literate and intelligent people who know how to spell) "I putin 4verk2 mak me4free can bearing sea anchorplace frm near got to m t dumpster."  What?  This is what I get out of this - I put in for work two make me four free.  Can Bering Sea anchor place from near.  Got to empty dumpster."  I know that makes no sense. Yet I know it makes perfect sense to them.  And I know I can just call and ask them to translate.  I want to suffer with it a little bit longer.  Any ideas?

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...