Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Trying To Look At The Bright Side

I find it hard, but I am trying to look at the bright side of today's weather.  An ice storm made the whole area slippery and I almost fell taking care of my hens.  If only the sun were up I could have seen the ice.  My road and the next road was as slippery as an ice rink but I made it to the highway safely.  The highway wasn't as slippery and I was surprised to make it to work on time.  Normally I enjoy a winter challenge of driving but I'm not used to this car yet and there are no real marks on it yet so I was anxious. The parking lot at work was slippery and dark so I walked like a penguin. A friend of mine who lives in Blaine claims to have parked in his driveway by the garage last night only to find his car slid down the slight incline overnight.  When he woke up his car's rear bumper was in the road. Lucky for him no one struck his car. On the bright side I saw sun dogs on the horizon on my way home. I didn't fall on the ice so that was good.  And by the time I got into the swimming pool at the gym my body was so cold it made the pool water feel warm.  I really enjoyed the steam sauna after my swim  Going home without my wool socks and stopping for gas on the way was cold.  Your's truly is too proud to bring my adaptive sock applier to the gym and would rather go home with cold feet than look weak or old.  On the bright side, a few days of cold weather will make me think a 20 degrees Fahrenheit day is balmy.  Also, I don't have to shovel ice or pay to have ice plowed out of my way.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...