Friday, January 20, 2017

Inspiration

Wednesday night I walked into a Master Naturalist chapter meeting thinking to myself - oh, it's icy, I could be home drinking wine knitting, my hips hurt, I'm cold, it's dark out.  But our speaker was Sue Leaf, a Minnesota author and suddenly I have new thoughts  such as  I want to  must kayak the Kickapoo River, the Crow Wing river, I want to kayak Minnehaha Creek all the way from Gray's Bay to the Falls, I gotta do it, the summer of 2017 will be great!  Oh, she is inspirational, that Sue Leaf, she really is.  On my way home other thoughts come to mind-do you even know if you can get out of a kayak without assistance? You just had the second hip replaced.  Perhaps it's better that your first kayak trip is in a secluded place where you can roll out of the boat if necessary.  LOL!  How funny how thoughts can turn on a dime.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...