Thursday, January 26, 2017

Tough Week

This week has been a tough week.  I mean, Saturday, well, Saturday was great. Sunday was also fine.  But the political comments I hear at work have forced me to bite my tongue so hard, I mean SO HARD, it hurts.  If I was an eloquent and poised person it would be different.  I am definitely not an eloquent and poised person once I hear political comments. At other times, if I'm not riled up, I can be poised and even witty.  But when I am upset, I am linguistically useless. Frankly I don't know how Hilary did it. My response to those sexist comments would have killed my campaign right from the start.  The thing is, politics can make my blood actually boil.  I have a physical reaction to rhetoric that seems to be out of my control.  My blood boils, adrenaline floods my system, and my verbal expressive skills revert to a kindergarten level.  Twice this week, upon hearing the comments of my coworkers about Donald Trump, I had to quickly bite my tongue, try not to choke, wrap up my lunch, get the hell out of Dodge while keeping up the impression that I am in a hurry because I have things to do.  Today it was a parent mouthing off about the affordable care act.  I bite my tongue.  I want to keep my job.  I want to keep relations friendly.  But you know, it's tough.  I am almost to the point of wearing a pink (I can't even say it aloud) hat.  I fear thought, my pink hat with ears, would result in my hearing more political comments instead of less.  Oh, Anoka County is a lonely place for people like me.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...