Sunday, January 15, 2017

Hag Seed

I found this book set sideways on the shelf at the library.  That is where the librarians put all the best books.  I grabbed it up cuz, like wow, it was written by Margaret Atwood.   I love Margaret Atwood.  And I loved her book, Hag-Seed.  I didn't know when I picked it up that it was a rewriting of the Shakespeare play, "The Tempest."  The story is complicated like a play within a play within a play.  Felix is the main character and even though he lacks social skills, lives like a hermit, and harbors revenge in his heart is still likable and helpful and an inspiration to others.  Atwood did a marvelous job interpreting "The Tempest," as set inside a Canadian prison.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...