Sunday, March 12, 2017

A Walk In The Snow

Snow is falling. But it seems like a long day. Despite setting the clock an hour ahead, it seems like a long day. A walk around the block seems in order. This cuckoo maran is enjoying the white precipitation.

Little specks of snow sparkle against my face and melt.  I hear them hitting my jacket. Aren't these blue wine bottles artistic?  I guess I am not totally convinced.

As I walk along I hear Canadian Geese honking.  Why must they talk to much?  Much to my delight I also hear Sand hill cranes bugling!  OMG!  It's been a long time.  I am sure these sand hill cranes are calling from Andover.

I am the only person walking today.  My footprints are my testimony.  It's a good day to walk around the block.

The wind has been brutal in the past week.  The poor trees have been dancing around like crazy.  They must feel like they've run a marathon.  Many fallen branches dot the landscape.

Offspring #1 planted this tree. He named it Little One.  He even wrote a poem about Little One.  Little One is now taller than my house.  I thought it was important to provide my offspring with a stable home.  Guess I can check that off my list.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...