Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Envy

A package arrived in the mail yesterday.  I didn't know what it was.  I open it because it is addressed to me.  Inside I find two tiny plastic birds.  One is a wood stork standing on a nest with three eggs and the other is a peacock in full display. I didn't order these.  But aren't they lovely!  These are beautiful little plastic birds.  I would like a whole collection of them.  I stand there admiring these birds when a small memory niggles my brain.  Didn't someone ask me to bring two plastic toys to Sicily for my grand daughter's second birthday because the company refused to ship to her address?  Could these be toys for her?  That would be the most likely explanation. Aww, man!  What kind of Grandma is jealous of her grand daughter's toys?  


No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...