Sunday, March 26, 2017

I Passed!

Please forgive me for shouting but I PASSED THE OWL TEST ON THE FIRST TRY! I guess I was a little stressed out about it.  I find it hard to remember owls when I seldom hear the barred and the great horned. I can't ever remember hearing anything but those two owls.  To be frank, I'd rather not hear a barn owl because their sound is quite unpleasant. We are supposed to have them  in the southern half of our state but they are declining due to habitat loss.  The quiz is multiple choice. This time I knew some of the non-owl birds thrown in there to confuse me.  I heard the unmistakable sound of an American bittern and the crazy sound of the woodcock. And I heard a green frog too.  Whew.  Now I can relax my ears until it's time for the frog and toad oral quiz.  After that it's the marsh birds to study.  I am going to go and rest my ears now.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...