Friday, March 10, 2017

Technology

I am old. I am technologically challenged.  I remember a computer without a mouse.  Shoot, to be truthful, I remember a computer with paper tape with tiny paper dots coming out.   But I try to keep up.  Don't tell anyone but I have them totally fooled at work. If only I can keep this up until  retirement I will be fine.  I joined Facebook.  No shame there. Oh, the things I have learned on Facebook!  It's amazing. Offspring have relationships. Offspring have no relationships.  Offspring have new relationships!  I have cousins.  The cousins are Trump supporters?  I can opt to not see information from Right Wing News. What? This information s invaluable.  I didn't have a "My Space!"  Did you?  I missed that.  I joined Twitter.  I never tweeted but I read tweets.  Some were funny  but ended up not to  be true. So I quit Twitter. Twitter seemed like a waste of my time.  Recently I joined Snapchat -a photo-sharing platform where you share photos but they go away quickly.  What is the use of that?  I wondered that. It's a reasonable question.   Photos that disappear?  Crazy town!  Unless one of your offspring is on the other side  of the equator and you are worried about their safety.  Cordoba,  Argentina - thanks to Snapchat I have seen photos of the dogs of Cordoba, a stroll up a steam near Cordoba, foraging for berries near Cordoba, leaf-cutting ants in Cordoba,  a giant aloe vera bush in Cordoba, and drinking in Cordoba.  Oh, a sibling is working in Hudson, Wisconsin? And now she is in Edian? Well, I am glad to know she is safe and having fun. Actually, from Snapchat, I knew a sibling painted her living room green.  I called on the old fashioned cell phone.  "Did you paint your walls? I ask (as if I didn't know).  "How did you know that?" she asks, unaware her daughter snapchatted her painting the living room. I'm so bad.  I answer, "I can see through walls." Then, of course, being the super nice person that I am, I tell her the truth.  Technology!  Are you up with latest? No judgement here.   Technology is good and bad.  Technology is a good use of time and a waste of time.  Personally?  I can't wait until 9 a.m. tomorrow when I can skype with my family in  Sicily.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...