Monday, March 6, 2017

Walter Brennan

A friend contacted me.  I knew him about ten years ago.  When he asks, "How are you doing?" I think back to 2007.  And wow, now I realize, for the first time ever, that I am walking better, with less of a limp and much less pain than I have for the past 12 years.  I can remember going to the doctor 12 years ago and listing my complaints and he said, (this astounds me now), "Do you remember Walter Brennan?"  In other words he was telling me that some people limp and some people don't limp and get used to it.  I know this because I am a big fan of the old cowboy shows.  That doctor makes me so mad now.  I needed new hips!  I wish he could have seen me today, leaving the gym, walking without any limp, without any pain, beautiful endorphins flowing through my system after lifting weights and walking on the treadmill.  I am no  Walter Brennan.  Thanks to a new friend, I realized this huge accomplishment.  Someday I may limp like Walter Brennan but today is not the day.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...