Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Anxiety Makes Me Annoying

I bought a new shirt that is a tunic top.  The colors are bright and gaudy and I wanted the correct thing to go with it.  On the description of the shirt leggings were mentioned.  Leggings.  I had no leggings.  I went to Target to buy leggings.  I've never seen leggings for sale.  Are they in the pants section?  No.  Intimate wear?  No.  Athletic wear?  No.  Socks?  Yes. So I bought a pair. As soon as I get them home there is news about two girls who were denied access to a plane because they wore leggings.  So then I wonder if leggings are appropriate.  Should I?  Shouldn't I?  This top is finger tip length.  Other people (all younger women) wear leggings with tops shorter than this one at the place where I work.  Why can't I?  I ask my best friend.  She says I absolutely can wear this top with leggings. This is the point at which I become annoying.  I ask a question.  Someone gives me their answer.  I ask the same question of another person.  I hate it when a person asks me a question and then asks another person the same dang question because it is ANNOYING!  I did that. I became annoying. I ask Offspring #2 who says no to the leggings because, although comfortable, leggings are not appropriate for work.  That satisfies me for two hours and then I ask her why a person can wear tights to work but not leggings. (See how I completely disregarded the length of the tunic top there?)  She, and rightly so, lets me have it. She tells me I am old enough to make my own clothing decisions and that leggings are not appropriate at work.  Dang, that is not the answer I wanted to hear.  I already heard the answer I wanted to hear from my best friend but, in a most annoying manner, kept asking.  So what do I do next?  That's right, I ask ANOTHER person her opinion on my wearing leggings to work.  I even send her the pic above. She slyly answers "Maybe if the top were a bit longer." Oh, she could be a politician. What am I doing to myself?  I ask myself why am I making myself so anxious about a top.  And then I thought a thought that popped and deflated the anxiety balloon entirely.  If the biggest thing in your life to cause anxiety is your wardrobe, life must be pretty good.  Whew.  I calmed myself down.  And I wore my new top today.  I got lots of compliments.  And I wore leggings with it.  And I also wore a black pleated skirt that came to my knees.  And black shoes; not bedroom slippers. But I did wear leggings so take that professional dress code!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...