Tuesday, March 7, 2017

I Believe I Can Fly

With the strong gusty winds yesterday and today, I really believed I could fly.  After work, after swimming laps at the gym, I stopped at the pharmacy like the old lady that I am.  The wind buffeted me. To be honest, I had my arms outspread to increase the effect but I could actually feel the wind try to lift me up by my parka covered arms.  The wind woke me up last night.  When I opened the garage door this morning  I was checking to see if any trees were blocking my driveway. One old box elder tree had fallen but wasn't blocking my driveway.  A soaring eagle, soaring really low to the ground, graced me with it's presence right above my head when I opened my garage door this morning. The wind has been strong all day.  The wind opened doors at work as if Casper the Ghost was coming and going.  On the way home the wind tried to make me change lanes without turning the steering wheel at all.  If ever I thought I could fly (a superpower I would choose for myself) today was the day to try.  Today a penguin could fly. I think an ostrich could fly. Yep, today was windy.  March was like a lion.  As much as I want to fly, I also want to be safe (slightly short of 4 months since the last hip replacement so  should err on the side of safety).

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...