Sunday, March 5, 2017

History Ignored

On Saturday I picked up a friend in Anoka on our way to a tree biology class.  She lives on Madison.  Teasing her I asked if her street was named after Dolly or James.  She told me that from the south starting with George Washington toward the north ending with stern looking William McKinley, the streets in Anoka are named after each president in chronological order.  What?!  For 30 years I have driven through this town and missing a lesson in history?  Wait a minute, who was President Cross?  I've seen cross presidents but never a President Cross.  I guess generally the streets are named after Presidents but not exclusively. Now I will proceed with more care driving north and south through  Anoka and try to predict the next street before I can read the sign.  

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...