Saturday, March 18, 2017

The Crows Pointed it Out

Today was my lucky day.  I saw an owl.  I didn't get a good long look at it. I wouldn't have seen it at all except the crows pointed it out.  Two crows were having a conniption fit.  They were loudly cawing and dive bombing a fair sized bird at the top of a bare tree.  I thought it could be a red tailed hawk because I've seen red tailed hawks on that tree before but this bird had a thick neck and a round head.  The crow flew nearer to it and the owl hunched down it's head to protect itself. This was an important discovery!  A barred owl at noon right along the highway?  I am amazed.  If only I wasn't merging west on Highway 10 from Hanson Boulevard I could have slowed down and enjoyed a better look at it.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...