Monday, August 5, 2013

Frankenburger

The BBC website had an article about lab grown meat.  Stem cells are used to grow small pieces of beef muscle in a laboratory.  No animals are killed to get this meat.  The article goes on to say that only half of the vegetarians think they would like to eat this fake meat.  People who want to be vegetarians but aren't because they miss the taste of meat might be willing to pay extra for this product.  So could I eat this lab grown meat?  I really don't think so.  I'm not a vegetarian for animal rights issues.  I know I was born to be a carnivore and I am comfortable with other people eating meat.  Meat is a healthy choice.  I wear leather shoes so I am an animal user too.  I don't eat meat because I don't like the idea of chewing muscle.  So even though this lab grown meat isn't from a working muscle on an animal, it's still muscle so I'll pass.  Here is a link to the article:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-17113214

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...