Saturday, August 24, 2013

No Wonder The Water Was Slow

I use the water from the rain barrel on my tomatoes and flowers and herbs.  Today when I went to water the plants I noticed the water was really slow coming out of the hose.  We've had very little rain this month and the rain barrel is half empty now.  I turned the hose opening toward me to look and I saw a little frog holding up the flow.  The half inch frog crawled slowly out of the hose and hung onto the side of the spout.  No wonder the water was slow.  Before I could identify the tiny creature it hopped away.  I don't think it was a tree frog because it didn't have big suction cup pads on it's fingers.  It might have been a chorus frog or a peeper or a little wood frog that decided inside the hose on a rain barrel would be a good place to hang out.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...