Sunday, August 4, 2013

Four Week Anniversary

Today marks four weeks since I fell and hit my shin against a board.  I never would have guessed that day that I would still be having as much trouble as I am four weeks later.  For some reason my body does not want to let go of the swelling.  I've been to the doctor several times and I've followed medical advice.  On Wednesday I visited the doc again and took the suggestion to go the Emergency Room.  I was admitted to the hospital for 26 hours for IV antibiotics, rest, another ultrasound test to make sure I didn't have a blood clot, and hot packs.  And my lumpy shin is improved.  I think it looks more like the rock of Gibraltar as compared to the Mount St. Helen's it used to be.  Well, rock of Gibraltar is exaggerating.  What it really looks like is that I have a large man's knee cap 3 inches below my knee cap.  So I have 3 knees; two regular and one extra large.  Being in the hospital was a strange experience.  When I was wheeled back into my Emergency room after my ultrasound and saw an IV pole in there with antibiotics hanging from it, my first thought was, "I want those drugs now!"  When you find yourself looking forward to an IV, then you know you are sick.  I had great care there and was treated like a queen.  I had one doctor laughing so hard he quit breathing for an unusually long time.  I was getting worried about him.  I wasn't trying to be funny.  The situation was humorous and he had a good sense of humor.  I'm glad to be home now and on the mend.  After spending all my free time on the couch with my leg elevated higher than my hip during the past 4 weeks, I look forward to upright days ahead.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...