Thursday, August 15, 2013

I Don't Think I'm Supposed To Go To Work Anymore

Living close to the Rum River as I do, I am limited to only so many ways to get to work.  I have three choices of bridges over the Rum. There are so many roads under construction around here that I think I am not supposed to go to work anymore.  The Bunker Lake Boulevard bridge is open but the road to the east of that is closed by the Ice Arena.  I can turn south there but 7th Avenue is down to one lane.  The Pleasant Avenue bridge is open but as of Aug. 19 I won't be able to get there because Highway 47 will be closed.  The Highway 10 bridge is open but as of August 19 I won't be able to get there.  And Highway 10 is down to one lane in Anoka.  So what am I supposed to do?  Go north to St. Francis to get across the Rum and head south and east from there?  That will double my mileage.  There is only one logical conclusion - I am not supposed to go to work anymore - or at least until construction season is over.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...