Thursday, August 8, 2013

Lake of Dreams

I read Kim Edward's book, Lake of Dreams, because I loved her first book, The Memory Keeper's Daughter so much.  Her first book was better than her second.  The story is about Lucy Jarrett, a hydrologist living in Japan who comes home to upstate New York because her mother broke her arm.  At age 28 Lucy is inconsiderate, impulsive, annoying and dramatic; the kind of sister who calls her brother at 1 a.m. about things that could wait until morning and can't understand why he is upset with her.  Like a white ball in a pinball machine she hurts the feelings of almost everyone she meets.  Can you tell I didn't like her much?  What I did like was the description of the town and the description of the stained glass windows. Short review is my feelings on this book were mixed.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...