Sunday, August 4, 2013

No Peace

The fox came by to visit my chicken coop this morning at 6:45 a.m.  He had them all upset and throwing themselves around the run.  The air was full of feathers.  I yelled out the window, "Stop that right now.  Get outta here!"  I used my "Momma" voice and the fox complied.  He moved about 15 feet away from the coop and sat on the mown path by the garden and watched the delicious chickens.  The chickens could see the fox so they were not settling down at all.  I had to go outside to make the fox move away.  From the deck the fox was partially hidden by a garden fence post.  I could see it's left eye but not he right.  The fox didn't take right off right away but it was gone by the time I put enough clothes on to go out into the yard and chase it away.  My poor chickens have been cooped up for over a month now.  They're safe and sound this way.  The threat of the fox is still present so it makes sense to keep them confined.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...