Thursday, January 8, 2015

Heigh Ho Silver Away!

Another thing my doc said that made me happy is that I don't have to sleep with this giant pillow between my legs every night.  When I woke up from surgery my legs were strapped to this giant pony.  The widest part of the wedge was between my ankles and the thinnest part above my knees.  The wedge is five or six inches thick. This made a weird sensation to wake up to.  I felt like one of those toy army guys with their feet permanently set far apart on an oval of plastic. Sleeping with my legs that far apart has not been comfortable.  Plus at home I didn't like it because I have to put my own covers on at night without bending forward at the waist.  With this giant wedge taking up all the room, I didn't have enough covers to completely hang down over the side so cold air was getting in my bed down by my legs.  I still have to use a pillow between my legs at night but it can be a large bed pillow instead which is much more comfortable than this thing.  Now what do I do with it?  Do I repurpose it in a green fashion or enjoy the satisfaction of throwing it in the trash?  Anyone want some thick foam (slightly used)?  It might be good for something.  Shoot, it's tall enough to be a small end table.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...