Monday, January 26, 2015

Strange Things Indeed

I was out and about yesterday which was a welcome break from my usual stay at home routine.  We went to Como Zoo, Ax Man surplus store, Seward Coop, and Home Depot.  I saw strange things indeed.  I saw a sloth.  I saw down the throat of a lioness as she yawned toward me in the window.  I saw blueberries that cost $7 for a half pint.  But the strangest thing of all was at the AxMan surplus store on University Avenue.  That store has a lot of weird stuff such as bowling pins for $4.75 each and radio components and ropes and chains and yards of burlap on a huge roll.  The strangest thing came near the end of our excursion, close to the check out desk.  At AxMan they have a life size (my size anyway) statue of Jesus.  He is barefoot and wearing a robe.  And his head (wait for it) bobbles.  I know because I bobbled it.  Around his neck he wears a sign that reads, "Take it Easy on Jeezy."  And guess what I said out loud when I saw it?  "Oh. My. God."

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...