Friday, January 9, 2015

Leninade

Today Offspring #2 took me out for an adventure.  We both got hair cuts before stopping at the library.  Since my goal is now to walk 23 minutes 5 times a day I was so happy to be walking around the library instead of my house.  In my house the only excitement is whether to go clockwise or counterclockwise around my living room/dining room/kitchen.  But at the library I can stroll past the children's area, the reference section, fiction, mystery, non fiction, DVD's and audio books.  I needed to buy a light bulb so we headed to the hardware store.  We both like hardware stores so we basically walked every aisle where I bought stuff I really needed including this bottle of soda called Leninade. I didn't buy it for the taste.  I bought it for the hilarious labeling which included these words:  Get really hammered and sickled! Our 5 year plan-drink a bottle a day for five years and become a hero of socialist flavor. Surprisingly satisfying Simple Soviet Style Soda. Beware the repressed Communist party animal who is really a proletariat in denial masquerading as a bourgeois cold war monger. Crimea and punishment. Drink comrade drink - it's this or the gulag. Misha - chill down this bottle and chill out. A party in every bottle. Join the party. A taste worth standing in line for.

No comments:

Time Of The Lotus Bloom

Now is the season for the blooming of American lotus. The flowers near shore stand higher above the water line than the flowers in deeper wa...