Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Success!

Before I had my hip surgery I set a goal to be a star rehab patient and regain the right to drive my car again as soon as possible.  I had some complications from medication side effects but otherwise I believe I was a star rehab patient.  My first walk on my new joint was 200 feet long and that was the criteria to be released.  Today I had my two week check up and I was really hoping to hear the doc tell me I could drive again. To achieve that goal I rigorously completed my physical therapy exercises and daily walks.  I still use the cane but I walk with confidence.  I worked hard.  Today the doc said I could drive again as long as I don't take pain medication which I haven't been taking except to sleep at night.  Goal Achieved!  Man, that sure feels good.  Am I going to drive? No, not today, not tomorrow, and maybe not even this week.  But I can drive and that makes all the difference.  Freedom!!!!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...