Saturday, January 3, 2015

Swan Park

Yesterday I was asked, "Do you want to go out anywhere?"  Existing without driving capabilities since 12/21, I did want to get out.  Anywhere!  But if I had to choose and time was limited, a trip to Monticello to see the trumpeter swans is what I wanted.  So we drove up to Monticello.  My two passengers didn't seem exactly excited about this trip but had to admit it was impressive to see so many trumpeter swans congregated together.  Some swans were bobbing their heads at each other in a sexy way.  And they were loud.  The house just down river from Swan Park was for sale.  We grabbed a flyer from the for sale sign post.  The house is not all that expensive.  Wouldn't it be cool to live on the river next to Swan park?  Do the swans trumpet all night?  I think this face would impact the resale value of the house.  I think it would be awesome to live next to a place where the angel like swans with 8 foot wing spans hang out.  And I could buy the house if I sold this one and got another mortgage.  Think of the kayaking I could do every day.  My commute to work would be longer but not impossible.  To live next to Swan Park is doable but would be a lot of work.  Right now I am feeling too lazy to go through all that work.  I should focus on my recovery for now.  Dreaming is fun though.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...