Thursday, January 29, 2015

One Of A Kind

Today I went to a funeral for a guy that I have known for a long time.  At first I thought he was a curmudgeon.  But after observing him for a couple years I began to realize that he just enjoys getting excited and getting other people excited.  He enjoyed conflict.  He craved conflict.  He really enjoyed exaggerated conflict when both parties knew the conflict was exaggerated.  The man liked to dish it out and he liked getting it dished right back at him.  For several years he had a buddy who also enjoyed the fake conflicts and would look forward to provoking him right back.  Those were good years when the two of them got together.  Many laughs were laughed Some people took him seriously.  He didn't care.  He wasn't out to win any popularity contests.  Every time I saw him I never knew quite what direction he would provoke the conflict but I could always count on a conflict about to happen.  He will be missed. His family is very upset by his death even though he was ill for a long time.  It takes all kinds to make the world go round.  This man was one of a kind.  I will miss him too.   

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...