Monday, January 12, 2015

Things I Have Learned About Myself Lately

In this experience of having a joint replaced I have learned some things about myself that I didn't know before.  #1 I could never be a drug addict.  My body is sensitive to drugs and won't allow me to perform basic functions that a person needs to live. Drugs aren't that great when you are unable to urinate. #2 I am better at asking for help than I thought I was.  Earlier I struggled with this.  But when push came to shove I was able to ask for the help I needed and not feel bad about it.  I even asked a grown man to pick out my underwear and was able to laugh and joke about it.  #3 I am a tough old bird.  I take pain and manage it.  I push through the hard things and focus on the positive.  I try hard and are very determined.  Go me!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...