Saturday, February 9, 2019

And What Else?


My second granddaughter is not even two years old but she knows how to say a lot of words.  She can say no, mine, Daddy, Mommy, Eva (sounds like Haddie), Grandma (sounds like Bahpah), boots, high, whee (which means a playground slide), meow (means all cats and dogs), kaka, please, thank you, excuse me, yes, ciao ciao, kefir, latte, milk, night-night, and bye-bye. My first granddaughter has a very extensive vocabulary including onomatopoeia.  She likes to ask many questions. She listens carefully to the answers.  Then she asks, "And
what else?" She will keep asking "And what else?" until you run out of things to say.  I think she has an interesting interview technique. When she asks me that question I find myself taking the conversation in places I did not think it would go. As I listen to her question her parents I realize she gets some explanations that even I didn't know. I think I will take a lesson from this young child and start asking, "And what else?" myself!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...