Thursday, February 28, 2019

If I Had A Hammer

This morning the temperature was negative seven degrees. One of the more difficult morning chores I have is bringing water to the chickens. Their rubber bowl freezes solid in this weather.  I have a brick near the side of the house to use as a sharp edge to bang the water bowl against but that brick is buried in the snow. This weekend I got the bright idea to bring a hammer out there. Now I don't mind the water bowl being completely frozen. Now I don't have to bang that bowl around for 5 minutes to get the ice out. Now I just hold it in one hand and use my trusty hammer all around the edges and the bottom and voila! The ice falls out and I can add warm water to it. I wish I had thought of this eight years ago!

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...