Monday, February 11, 2019

The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane

Every single sentence in The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane was succinct and moved the story forward.  Lisa See transported me to the mountains of China the entire time I read this book. I have read other books by her including the Shanghai Girls and Peony in Love.  This story is about Li-yan, a girl who lives in the remote mountains of China. Her family lives by selling tea leaves to the local tea market. While reading this book I learned a lot about tea and China. I was totally transported into the scenery of the book and away from the snow and cold temperatures of Minnesota. This book was so good I picked up another Lisa See book at the library today.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...