Monday, February 25, 2019

Never Tell A Secret To An Icicle

This month alone 36 inches of snow has fallen down on us.  This has led to a plethora of icicles hanging from the edges of our roofs. Yesterday I was looking out the kitchen window of my father.  The icicles hung down from above and they looked like clear, pointy teeth. I felt like I was Jonah inside the whale only this whale was not a whale at all but a Great White Shark. I have seen icicles larger than my leg.  I have seen icicles larger than a human body. I saw an icicle hanging from a two story house that almost reached the ground.  I drive home and the accumulation effect of seeing so many icicles makes me think the roof of each house is a large white upper lip and the icicles are sharp cold teeth. I read once that an icicle makes the ultimate murder weapon because the evidence melts away.  All these icicles are getting to me. So you know what they say, never tell a secret to an icicle. Why?  Because they break under pressure.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...