Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Mystery Plow

Do you remember reading the fairy tale about the elves and the shoe maker?  When the humble shoe maker went to bed the elves came and finished sewing a pair of shoes. The shoe maker was very pleased to see the work completed. A similar thing happened to me yesterday. When I got home about 6 o'clock in the evening yesterday I saw that someone had plowed the straight part of my driveway. I had already shoveled a narrow path through the snow but it wasn't very wide. In fact it was so narrow I had to move the trash can into the street so I could get my car out.  But last night I had a widened path and it was completely clear of snow and there was plenty of room for a car to get out and a trash can to stand at the curb. Who plowed for me?  I have no idea.  Why did they plow for me?  I do not know. There was no bill in the mailbox or at the front door.  The bigger question is, will they do it again?  Like tonight, for example, plow out my driveway before I shovel it out? Yeah, that would be great.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...