Sunday, February 10, 2019

Re-Using Coffee Grounds

I read somewhere that a greener solution to an icy sidewalk is to spread coffee grounds on the ice. My sidewalk, once the snow is shoveled off, is quite icy. I had saved two weeks worth of coffee grounds in December and had them stored in the garage so I thought I would give it a try. When I went to spread the coffee grounds on the ice I realized I had a 3 cup frozen solid chunk of coffee grounds. So I brought the coffee ground chunk into the house over night to thaw and tried it again.  Yesterday I spread the coffee grounds on the sidewalk. The coffee looked very dark against the white of the ice. Since the sun was shining I thought the dark color of the coffee would help but the temperature outside yesterday was too cold. So the jury is still out on this green method of melting ice but I can tell you this.  Every time I come in the house I drag coffee grounds in on my boots making a mess of my floor in the entry way.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...