Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Snow

Today at work I had a late meeting. Snow was falling down heavily. Everyone in the room complained about the weather. The snow banks are so high they can't throw the snow over them. There is no room in the yard to push the snow. Then, just as I had put a swallow of water into my mouth but before I swallowed it a man said (about his son), that "He is the only happy person in Minnesota." Why was that so funny? Written down it doesn't sound as funny as it did when I heard it. I thought it was so funny I did a spit take.  I spit water all over my papers and the table. I swallowed the water, got up, grabbed a napkin, wiped up the mess, and told him, "Quit being so funny!" I was slightly embarrassed.  I don't think I have ever done a spit take before in my life.  All this snow is making me punchy.  By the way, what do you call an old snowman?  










Water.

No comments:

Hallaway

I have only been to Maplewood State Park once before. The time of the year was autumn and we thought we could snag a campsite. Wrong. Despit...